Sleight of words, 2007 © Luca Cervini
Sono an artist, but still nobody can tell me what is the meaning of this term pure and uncontaminated. I will therefore confine myself to Whisper softly, with a bit of fear. Why do so many times this term is avoided as a taboo or because some "artist" is a nickname that others have to give you.
Sorry, I'm an artist.
probably happened by accident, surely someone must have been infected. It is not my fault, believe me. Perhaps I have discovered from the books, or maybe it was printed in black and white in my DNA from the beginning. Or who knows, maybe I got the virus as the artist takes a common cold: walking down the street.
You know, I could probably do something else. Another work, you have to do with a clear mind and rationality. Or the art critic or the charlatan. I definitely had more plays and more followers and more money in your pocket.
But no, and meanwhile, the disease has also worsened. I took the most vicious strain, that is not content just to make you do works. My, that must be just as shit, it feeds my creations and then sprinkle with doubts and insecurities. It 's a virus that lets you stop to think long, long time before I let you compose something new. And then stop, once you get the result, you forget oblivion for months because there is your place, because that's the place of your work niche. Then the excuse is the time, which is always short. By day you work on something that will let you live, you sleep at night. In the meantime we would like to make art.
But yes, now I feel like a niche artist.
Because after all, let's face it, my works are not up to date. They do not go out of fashion, is obvious. Okay, the pictures are kept, but it soon becomes clear that here there is no excuse to show how the virtuous new tools in Photoshop. It 'probably will not end even ever on the cover of some glossy magazine, nor even that I see most often in exhibitions around. Especially if my works are not present.
And the sense of what I do is so immersed in the dark depths of the work that not everyone has the lungs fit to dive and then stay under water to catch every nuance. So often people will only touches the surface, rolls over and then focuses its attention to commercial work and more readable, but unfortunately as empty as a piece of art today. But fashion, eh. It does not matter whether or not the crap heated. The trick is knowing how to advertise your stuff, know how to embroider on the dress of the party.
And you artists, do you think? How long and how many energy you spend to promote your work?
0 comments:
Post a Comment